Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Point of Care is a global leader in providing critical medical diagnostic and informatics products for rapid blood analysis that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective. Our i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making as well as optimize resource utilization for our customers and the patients that they serve. The i-STAT System has the industry's most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for respiratory, metabolic, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac function. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, on just a few drops of blood, our i-STAT System fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving improved operational performance.
Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing education aligned to business goals to maximize commercial effectiveness/execution within Abbott Point of Care's Sales team. This position will be focused on the continuous improvement and development of commercial knowledge, skill, and ability necessary to achieve and exceed success measures.
* Achievement of Sales Force Effectiveness/Commercial Education Manager objectives, goals, strategies and measures.
* Identification, ownership and implementation of education initiatives, products, and programs, for both new hires and established commercial sales team members.
* Lead educational Area and Regional sessions (in-person and virtual) to support commercial strategy
* Provide coaching and mentoring of new hires and high-potential individuals
* Be advocates and provide training support and pull through for key marketing initiatives aligned to business goals
* Lead high impact programs aligned to the development of Abbott's Commercial team
* Field travel with sales representatives, both new and tenured, to accelerate productivity and identify and remediate knowledge/skill gaps
* Own the on-boarding process for new hires
* Be effective at planning, developing and executing comprehensive learning plans, including multiple media and learning modalities.
* Ability to plan, create, organize and facilitate training, education, and development classes.
* Ability to plan large training events, both in-class and virtual.
* Ability to work effectively and exercise influence across functions, particularly with sales and marketing leadership.
* Knowledge and expertise of the Abbott Point of Care portfolio of products, services and systems.
* Must learn and adhere to the Abbott Point of Care Advertising and Promotion Process and all other assigned policies and procedures.
* Committed to improving their own expertise in the Learning and Development field.
* Ability to define and identify measures of success.
* Accountable for achieving annual goals.
* BS/BA Degree in business or science-related field to reflect educational level of customers being called on.
* Minimum of 5 years as a sales representative in the healthcare and/or diagnostics/point of care industry.
* History of sales success and career progression.
* Experience working across internal functions and history of demonstrating problem-solving ability.
* Exceptional communication, presentation, and class facilitation skills are a must.
* Proficiency and experience leading in a classroom setting and in computer applications necessary to the job (i.e., PowerPoint, Adobe, Word, Excel).
* Must be willing to travel 50-75% of the time domestically.
JOB FAMILY:Sales Support & Administration
DIVISION:APOC Point of Care
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English:
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: