Compensation: $72,570.00 - $97,810.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
CARDIAC ICU REGISTERED NURSE
Colorado Springs, CO USA
Purpose: Provides and directs safe, effective, and culturally-competent care for inpatient and outpatient adolescent through aging adult cardiovascular patients. Key accountabilities include assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care using critical thinking and evidenced-based practice; adherence to the Professional Practice Standards as defined by ANA; and active participation in quality monitoring and performance improvement activities.
The RN who works in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. They are members of the Cardiac Arrest Team. The RN provides care for the following diagnoses but not limited to: Sepsis, Status Post Cardiac Arrest/Rapid Response events, Acute Renal Failure, Pneumonia, Stroke, Seizure Disorder, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Acute Myocardial Infarction, Liver Failure and complications, GI bleed, Hematology/Oncology conditions, Post-Op Surgical Patients, Acute Hypertensive Crisis, Chest Pain, Congestive Heart Failure and patient requiring antiarrthymic drugs. The RN duties include:
- Recognizes early signs and symptoms of cardiac and pulmonary distress. They follow ACLS and AACN protocols when treating lethal arrhythmias and appropriately intervene when there are significant changes in patients' condition.
- Knowledgeable regarding administration/dosage of cardiac/emergent drugs and vasopressor agents. Assess hemodynamic status, initiates and titrates to maintain normotensive readings.
- Assesses and performs pulmonary hygiene for all patients.
- Assesses and collaborates with physicians regarding ventilator weaning. Maintains protocols and monitors patient during process.
- Assists with bedside procedures such as but not limited to insertion of invasive lines and maintains integrity of various lines and devices.
- Operates various pieces of equipment, but not limited to cardiac monitors, invasive monitoring lines, CRRT, IABP, Endotool, Infusion Pumps and Safe Patient Handling Equipment that are specific to the ICU.
- Maintains and enforces all Infection Control Standards.
- Assesses and monitors various Critical patients and intervenes when appropriate.
- Monitors and assesses patients from Cardiac Catheterization Lab who have had various procedures, AICD, Pacemaker, Angioplasty, and Ablation. Recognize signs and symptoms of distress and initiate appropriate interventions.
- Provides a safe environment for all patients with altered sensorium due to medication or acute/chronic illness and maintain protocols to ensure patient safety.
- Maintains protocols regarding End of Life Issues/processes and assists with terminal weaning process. Provides emotional support for families and patient.
- Adheres to hospital policy, SOP, Protocols and Guidelines regarding documentation in the electronic chart (PICIS) and other approved documents released; alteration or deletion of sensitive data are unacceptable.
- Communicates timely and effectively with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Acts as a patient Advocate. Relates courteously and appropriately to all internal and external customers.
Special Training: ACLS; Basic Life Support.
Training Preferred: Baccalaureate in Nursing
Associated topics: care, ccu, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care, neonatal, psychatric, registered nurse, surgical, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...