More than one in every five children in America today receives financial and medical assistance from noncustodial parents through the US child support program. This is accomplished by locating each parent establishing paternity and support obligations, and enforcing those obligations.
This position is first level in a series of child support jobs. Positions within this series assure children receive financial and medical support from their parents by locating parents, establishing paternity and support obligations, and enforcing those obligations.
* Takes initiative.
* Works efficiently individually and on a team.
* Meets State and County established performance goals.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Provides outstanding customer service.
* Address stress and conflict in appropriate ways.
* Uses business software appropriately and successfully.
Specifically this position:
* Receives referrals and cases for child support services and determines appropriate actions to secure child support such as enforcement of existing order, initiation of support action, modification of orders, or establishment of paternity.
* Locates parents and their assets using available information.
* Coordinates the referral and intake process.
* Initiates actions to establish paternity, child support orders, and income withholding orders under guidelines set by State/County.
* Conducts interviews with custodial and non-custodial parents to obtain sensitive information.
* Advises clients and absent parents of legal procedures to establish paternity and obtain child support.
* Interviews clients and alleged parents to determine identity and location of absent parent, legal history, and/or to establish paternity.
* Responds to phone calls from public regarding court orders, complaint questions, etc.
To view the complete job description for this position, click here.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Possession of, or ability to obtain, State Administrative Process Action certification (APA).
* One year of experience in a legal, collections, or Human Services setting with extensive public contact.
* Certification as a Notary Public Preferred.
* An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 10:00 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Click here to view information on Larimer County's Benefits.
Associated topics: attorney firm, child custody, consultant, divorce, law office, legal, legal firm, legal service, litigate, litigation defense firm