Mile High Home Care
7475 Dakin Street Suite 300, Denver, CO 80221
Position for Hire: Certified Nursing Assistant, C.N.A
Job Summary: Provide supportive and personal services for the clients with consideration of dignity and privacy. Provide personal care and hygiene to personal assistance clients.
1. Graduate of an accredited High School or equivalent preferred.
2. C.N.A. License
3. At least 2 years of home care experience is preferred
4. Ability read, write and follow directions.
5. At least 18 years of age.
6. Trained in CPR and first aid
7. Work positively and favorably with clients, families, and staff.
8. Demonstrate compassion, responsibility, and cheerful attitude.
9. Able to demonstrate competency in all areas of training for personal care.
10. Complete an appropriate and pertinent training program, or
11. Successful completion of skills validation via direct observation of performance of tasks
Responsibilities/essential functions: The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Observe and maintain the home environment to ensure safety and security of the client
2. Assist with household chores including cooking, meal preparation, cleaning, and laundry
3. Assist in completing activities such as shopping and appointments outside the home.
4. Provide companionship including, but not limited to, social interaction, conversation, emotional reassurance, encouragement of reading, writing, and mind stimulating activities
5. Assist with activities of daily living, personal care, and other assignments included in the service plan.
6. Assist with personal care including
7. Positioning, transfers, ambulation, and exercises
8. Bowel/bladder care including use of bedpan, and perineal care
9. Medications assistance
10. Assist with nourishment and fluid needs including preparing meals, feeding client, and offering fluids;
11. Assist with Health Maintenance Activities
12. Household tasks related to client's medical needs, including bed linen changes, client's laundry, light housekeeping where client spends most of his time, shopping, errands;
13. Provide protective oversight as needed
14. Observe and report any changes from normal to the license professional
15. Maintain timely records of home visits.
16. Attend and/or participate as appropriate in client care conferences, staff, education, and/or committee meetings;
17. Complete appropriate service notes regarding service provision of each visit - documentation shall contain services provided, date and time in and out, and confirmation of care provided. Such confirmation shall be according to agency policy.
18. Perform other related functions as directed.
19. Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
20. Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and standards in performance of job functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform to the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to communicate effectively;
Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form;
Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and other related equipment;
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to safely lift, move, or maneuver whatever may be necessary to successfully perform the duties of their position;
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment; and
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, to enable the employee to efficiently function in a general office environment, with frequent travel to a variety of field sites.
Employee works in an office environment sometimes with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Employee will have to travel to a variety of client homes and perform in conditions that vary greatly depending upon the client s home environment. Some homes will be clean, neat, and maintained at a comfortable temperature. Other homes may be cluttered, dirty, with an uncomfortable temperature.
The above list reflects the essential functions and other job functions considered necessary of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or assigned by supervisory personnel. This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
Please visit us at milehighhomecare.com and complete an application under menu Online Forms Caregiver Application
Walk-In Applications are Accepted at
Mile High Home Care
7475 Dakin Street, Suite 300
Denver, Colorado 80221
For additional Inquiries or Questions feel free to call (303) ###-####