New Media and Design Assistant Professor - Fort Collins - 80521
University of North Carolina Greensboro
Education - Post Secondary
2828 Cherry Ln
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Number000904Functional TitleNew Media and Design Assistant ProfessorPosition TypeTenure StreamPosition EclassFC - Faculty 9 month Non Leave earnUniversity Information
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a higher-research activity university as classified by the Carnegie Foundation. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC system institutions, UNCG is one of the most diverse universities in the state with nearly 20,000 students and over 2,700 faculty and staff members representing more than 90 nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 100 areas of study, as well as 74 master's and 32 doctoral programs, UNCG is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit
The School of Art is part of the College of Visual & Performing Arts, a community of artists with almost 1500 undergraduate and graduate students. It is the largest visual and performing arts unit in the University of North Carolina system and is recognized for its comprehensive array of graduate programs and the success of its graduates. The School of Art enrolls over 400 majors and offers degrees in Art Education, Art History, New Media and Design, Painting, Printmaking and Drawing, Photography, Sculpture and Ceramics.
Housed in a first-rate facility and located next door to the acclaimed Weatherspoon Art Museum, the School of Art has also opened the Greensboro Project Space gallery?an experimental site in a vibrant downtown area that is also home to the Elsewhere Museum, the International Civil Rights Museum and numerous other cultural institutions.
UNCG is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V employer and are strongly committed to increasing faculty diversity (
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro School of Art seeks to fill a new tenure-track, Assistant Professor position in New Media and Design.
The School of Art's New Media and Design program introduces students to the variety of conceptual and technological approaches employed by contemporary artists and designers. The successful candidate will contribute significantly to undergraduate and graduate education, art and design creativity, and service to academic and professional institutions. The position will involve curricular development in the candidate's area of creative scholarship. An ideal candidate will have strengths in at least several of the following areas: media and transmedia arts, interactive media, generative and programmatic art, data visualizations, digital photography, video art, digital art, installation, performance, publicly engaged practices or closely related contemporary art practices.
* teach 3 courses each semester
* develop the curriculum in the area of new media and design
* pursue an active and rigorous program of creative research
* engage in an ongoing dialogue about the program and art and design disciplines
* advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
* supervise student research projects and theses
* provide service to the department, college, university and community
* salary commensurate with experience
* appointment begins August 1, 2019
* review of applications begins January 14, 2019
* MFA in Visual Art or related field
* significant record of creative activity
* knowledge of contemporary art and design
* 3 years of teaching experience preferred
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Tenure StatusTenure TrackSpecial Instructions to Applicants
To apply for the position, electronically submit the following as Word or PDF:
* statement of interest
* curriculum vita
* creative research statement
* professional portfolio (20 works with image list or captions)
* teaching philosophy
* portfolio of student work (20 works with image list or captions)
* list of 3 references with names, mailing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers*
The three references for whom applicants are asked to supply contact information will be solicited by the UNCGspartantalent system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGspartantalent system.
Recruitment RangeCommensurate with experienceOrg #-DepartmentArt - 12203Job Open Date10/09/2018For Best Consideration Date01/14/2019Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesFTE1.0 (Full-Time)Type of AppointmentPermanentTime Limited DurationNumber of Months per Year9FLSAExempt
\"R\" for Rare (0-30%),\"O\" for Occasional (30-60%),\"F\" for Frequent (60-90%),\"C\" for Constant (90-100%).
Physical EffortHand Movement-Repetitive Motions - o, Finger Dexterity - o, Reading - f, Writing - f, Eye-hand coordination - o, Vision-Color Distinction - f, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - f, Vision-Visual inspection - f, Hearing - f, Talking - f, Standing - o, Sitting - oWork EnvironmentInside - c
* Cover Letter
* Research Statement
* Link to Professional Portfolio
* Teaching Philosophy
* Link to Portfolio of Student Work
* List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* *Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
* UNCGjobsearch Website
* Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
* The Chronicle of Higher Education
* Inside Higher Ed
* Other professional journal / website
* UNC School System Job Board
* Personal Networking
* If you selected \"Other\", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
* *Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
Associated topics: archaeology, art history, communication, greek, human geography, italian, literature, m.div, performing arts, photography
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.